When you are doing your Dofe, the hardest part isn’t the expedition or any of the sections. Its the write up afterwards. If you keep a diary you can write up what you’ve done easily, however, I struggle the most on how to write up my participants comments, so here’s my guidelines on how to write it up.
- Give information on your section – Just say what it is and what you’ve done, just the basic details, nothing more than 3 sentences.
- Say whether you like it or not – Be honest, if you didn’t like it, say you didn’t like it. But explain why and give reason. Again keep it brief, you probably don’t want to write an essay anyway.
- Would you do it again – Normally this is the easiest bit because you just have to write a sentence like ‘I would/would not do it again because…’ and if you wouldn’t do it again, say what you would do next time.
- Physical – Talk about how you kept hydrated and a balanced diet throughout your section. Just write some health and fitness jargon that makes sense and you’re good to go.
- Volunteering – My volunteering is cub scouts, so I normally write about whether I have learnt anything from being a volunteer, such as Braille and disability awareness, however, this can be altered to suit your volunteering.
- Skill – Again comment on what you’ve learnt, your favourite bit, just general comments.
- Expedition – Give some insight into your expedition, such as whether you liked your team, any memories, did you find it tough and so on.